The best baby celebration shower ideas are creative and tailored to the host. From seafood to salads, the themes should typically have guests talking all night long. Usually, hosts prefer a party at a food or lifestyle destination.
When planning a baby celebration shower, think about where the host loves to have the party. These creative baby celebration shower ideas will have everyone enjoying delicious food and lively conversation while celebrating the new arrival.
If you are looking for a destination for baby showers that will let guests indulge in some of their favourite cuisines, consider a restaurant with a unique menu. There are plenty of other great options for restaurants that offer delicious food and luxurious surroundings. You could also serve refreshments like cocktails or mimosas in addition to the main course.
Whatever type of baby celebration shower to host, you must ensure plenty of variety to keep everyone entertained. Adding fun activities, like games or DIY projects, can keep the party going all night long.
Planning a Baby Celebration Shower at Favourite Food and Lifestyle Destinations
- Have a sushi bar. Serve up rolls with different flavours and textures for guests to enjoy, and add some fun props like chopsticks and soy sauce containers for a fun touch.
- Turn the space into a garden oasis. Set up benches and tables around a colourful potted plant, and serve chilled refreshments like fruit juices or guacamole.
- Serve breakfast all day long. Create simple but delicious dishes like frittatas, pancakes, biscuits and gravy for guests to enjoy throughout the day. You get bonus points to find themed recipes like bacon-wrapped eggs or croissant French toast.
- Decorate the bar with personal touches. Choose bright prints or whimsical illustrations to adorn the walls, then fill any empty spots with personalised drinks.
Creative Games to Play at the Baby Celebration Shower
- Baby Name Game: This is a fun game for baby showers where everyone can guess the baby’s name. Either do this before the party starts or have everyone write down their guesses on paper and put them in a bowl. At the end of the party, whoever has the correct name gets to be the “baby’s mom” for that round.
- The Newlyweds: This game is about trying to guess who the new husband or wife is. Everyone takes turns being “the spouse” and answering questions about their partner. For example, if someone asks, “What’s your favourite thing about your spouse?” they would respond.
- Pass The Baby: This is a classic baby shower game that gets pretty cheesy sometimes. One person is designated as “the baby”, and the rest of the guests try to pass the baby around without knowing. If someone gets caught holding the baby, they must answer questions about the baby.
Specific Planning Considerations
What kind of food is preferable? What kind of lifestyle should the shower should reflect?
It all depends on personal preferences and the theme of the shower. For example, if having a theme based on country or holiday destinations, consider what foods and drinks would fit that theme. For instance, if the shower is themed around Christmas, there might be dishes like ham and eggnog for breakfast, gingerbread cookies for dessert, and mulled wine for drinks.
Another thing to consider when planning a baby celebration shower is what decorations to use. Some colourful balloons will do the trick if going for a modern look.
When planning a baby shower at a favourite food and lifestyle destination, creative ideas will have everyone excited for the arrival of the family’s newest member. From modern takes on classic dishes to fun and funky themes, there is something for everyone on the list.