If you are looking for a simple and conservative way to enhance the appearance of your smile and boost your confidence, you should consider laser teeth whitening in Millwoods.
With so many options available for teeth whitening, you may be wondering why you should opt for professional laser teeth whitening. In this blog post, our team at Dental Elements tells you all you need to know about laser teeth whitening near you.
What Causes Discolored Teeth?
There are two main forms of tooth discoloration: extrinsic and intrinsic discoloration.
Extrinsic tooth discoloration primarily impacts the outside of the teeth. Certain lifestyle habits, such as the ingestion of drinks and foods such as red wine, soda, berries, coffee, and smoking daily, can all lead to this form of discoloration. Some people, after having braces removed, also notice that their teeth have changed color somewhat.
Intrinsic discoloration forms on the inner portion of the teeth and is most often caused by medical treatments and diseases, medications, genetics, trauma, and aging. These stains can only be removed by a dentist in Millwoods.
How Does Laser Teeth Whitening Work?
Laser teeth whitening can only be performed by a qualified dentist near you, and the procedure will involve a couple of simple steps:
- Your dentist will place a rubber or plastic guard in your mouth to hold it open and to isolate your teeth from your inner lips and gums to prevent irritation and burning.
- Next, your dentist will evenly and precisely place the whitening gel over your teeth.
- Your dentist will then use a special, pen-shaped laser to activate the whitening gel, which will cause it to foam and begin to remove stains from your teeth.
- The gel will be left on your teeth for a couple of minutes, and then your dentist will remove it with a small suction device. They may repeat the above steps three to four times until your teeth get to the desired shade.
- When your treatment is finally done, your dentist will rinse your mouth and remove the plastic or rubber guard, leaving you with a stunning smile.Read More About: f95web
Does Laser Teeth Whitening Come With Any Side Effects?
Laser teeth whitening is considered to be an effective and safe procedure and is unlikely to cause any serious side effects when performed by a qualified dental professional such as Dr. Bryan Layton, DDS at Dental Elements.
Sometimes, however, laser teeth whitening can lead to temporary discomfort due to increased tooth sensitivity. To prevent these effects, avoid very hot and cold substances for a couple of days following your procedure. You can visit here to know about the abovethenews. On the other hand, you can also get more essential info on dbfile. Here is the best news portal thoughtco where you can get the latest news around the world.
The most common side effects of laser teeth whitening are minor gum irritation and tooth sensitivity. Both are generally short-lived and mild but can be serious in some people. Additionally, some people are allergic to the whitening agent, which is why it is important to inform your dentist of any known medical allergies before choosing to get laser whitening treatment.
If you are a nursing or pregnant woman, you are not eligible for laser teeth whitening.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Teeth Whitening?
When an experienced and qualified dentist provides a patient with laser teeth whitening, there are many benefits, including:
- Noticeable, immediate results within one single session
- The dentist does all the work for you, so you do not have to use any materials at home or rely on your own skills
- The whitening results are achieved a lot quicker than results obtained from over-the-counter whitening products
- Getting professional teeth whitening lowers your risk of complications such as enamel damage or soft tissue burns
Are There Any Drawbacks to Laser Teeth Whitening?
While laser teeth whitening is a great treatment, no treatment is perfect. Here are some of the disadvantages of laser teeth whitening when compared to other forms of whitening:
- Laser teeth whitening is the most expensive teeth whitening option available.
- The results are long-lasting but will not last forever. If you regularly drink coffee, red wine, or tea, you will need to repeat the whitening process sooner rather than later.
- Results are not guaranteed with laser teeth whitening. While it does perform better than other forms of teeth whitening, some people have deeper stains that will not respond to any form of whitening.
How Expensive is Laser Teeth Whitening?
Since laser teeth whitening is considered an elective, cosmetic dental procedure, most dental insurance companies will not cover the procedure. Depending on where you get your treatment done, laser teeth whitening can cost anywhere from $400 to $1500. The average price for laser teeth whitening falls between $600 to $800.
At-Home Teeth Whitening vs. Laser Teeth Whitening
Many people wonder why they should choose laser teeth whitening over the cheaper and seemingly more convenient over-the-counter teeth whitening options. Compared to other teeth whitening options, laser teeth whitening comes with many benefits.
Firstly, a dental professional is the only individual who can perform laser teeth whitening because it uses an extremely high concentration of hydrogen peroxide, which is the active ingredient that works to effectively bleach your teeth. This concentrated whitening agent can cause serious burns to your gums, and inner lips, so professional oversight is necessary.
Secondly, having professional oversight means that you get quicker and more effective results. Most laser teeth whitening treatments only take one hour, and your dentist will continuously monitor the whitening process throughout this hour.
Finally, having a dental professional oversee your whitening treatment means that you will be able to choose the exact shade of your teeth and customize your treatment, so you achieve the exact smile you have always wanted.
Interested in Laser Teeth Whitening?
If you would like to learn more about laser teeth whitening because of its effective, quick, and efficient nature, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated team of dental professionals at Dental Elements. We are happy to provide you with an in-depth consultation and work with you to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Please contact us to book your professional consultation and laser teeth whitening treatment today.